Monday, November 18, 2013

Integration is our power!


"Turkey, here I come!" I said to myself and started packing my bags. I was accepted in the European Equality Training Course in Antalya in the south of the country. Project title, did not represent a big problem to me. European equality, this is the main task of the European Union and our society ... What could it be new?

On, 10/26/2013, 19 citizens of the European Union arrived in Antalya. These were the representatives of Croatia, Latvia, Poland, Romania and Slovenia. (It is interesting that due to equality of States, I always write them in alphabetical order). 

Colleagues from Turkey, four students, have been eagerly waiting for us. Indeed, all of us had at that time only one thing in common - be a participant in the Youth in Action Programme, under the auspices of European Commission.


In short, the European Commission is the executive body of the European Union, which represents the interests of Europe taken as a whole (European Commission, 2013). Interests are not just economic nature, but are also socially useful. The funding of the program Youth in Action Commission wishes to encourage potential of young people in the European Union.

Project Youth in Action Programme is divided into 5 different activities or sub-projects, which differed in substance. Inside them there are different ways of training. Our goal was to re-evaluate equ(al)ity , which is enabled by the European Union.

European Commission wants to activate the level of awareness in us, by letting us know that we are citizens of our own country as well as the European Union. To us, this title allows us a greater freedom in mutual interaction. It provides us opportunity to work together, to understand and respect the similar and different cultural characteristics. Only these cannot be neglected.

(Source: Doris Jesih)

A simple task stayed in my mind. On training we had to identify the European cultural heritage and cultural diversity in Europe. Therefore the first term represents a common European heritage and the other its diversity. Cultural heritage is measured in the past, the diversity in the present. And a connecting bridge between them is tolerance. Tolerance provides us the preservation of cultural heritage and help to understand today's cultural traditions. And this ladies and gentlemen, is the main message of the Youth in Action Programme.

(Source: Doris Jesih)

In six-day training I gained more than I thought and wanted. In the memory I will remain pleasant memories of socializing and newly acquired knowledge. Such training does not give emphasis on formal learning, but personal growth.


In Antalya I met “my sister'' coming from Croatia. We are both proudly wearing bracelets in the colors of the Romanian flag. I can assume that the goal of the program is achieved!

I am always saying: "Be active and daring!" The fact is that your power is in your own style!

For more information’s you can write to my email address doris.jesih@gmail.com. or contact Nermina Vilić, president of the Student Council at Turistica: nermina.vilic@gmail.com .

I wouldn’t be writing all these text if I wouldn’t be working with Nermina. She is the source of all the information’s. Take this as knowledge. I appreciate!

Doris Jesih
doris.jesih@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment